Sunday 10 May 2020

Temporary install

After stripping overything out, it suddenly dawned on me that I need to be able to lift each end, just to get the trolley jack underneath. It sits about an inch from the floor when aired out so pretty difficult to lift without assistance.

Here you can see the compressor and tank enjoying the passenger floor. I also have the solenoid sitting in a cardboard box to keep the live cables away from the body. I'd also run a separate air line to each rear bag as I picked up the car with only 1 line feeding both through a splitter. It was running on 3/8 lines through a manifold which made for fast lifts and great dump hisses. Having each rear wheel not independent meant for a slight wooly ride and any cornering forces made worse. I'm not an expert but most seem to agree that having each corner separate is the way to go. 

So, from two electrical switches, one gauge, and manifolds to four paddles switches and two gauges. Simpler and each circuit is separate. I also wanted to move the compressor and tank to under the bonnet as a) who uses that for luggage anyway (answer:nobody) and b) I can then have interior looking standard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment